Monday, February 1, 2021

Cranberry Relish

This recipe is from my friend Susan Cournoyer, who got it from her friend Glenda Solomon. It makes a big batch, but it's yummy and seems to keep pretty well.

3 tart apples, peeled and diced (I used Granny Smith)
2 ripe pears, peeled and diced
2 bags fresh cranberries (about 4 cups total)
1 cup golden raisins
2 cups sugar
1 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons grated orange rind
2 teaspoons cinnamon (Susan only used 1 and so did I)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (I used fresh that grated myself)

Put all ingredients in a large pot stir to mix well.

Cook, uncovered, on medium head for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. It should be bubbly but not boiling. You really do want to keep an eye on it and stir it often so it doesn't scorch.

No comments:

Post a Comment